Here’s what’s new in Tasty Recipes 2.8.0:
- Update a recipe without updating the post: Adds an ‘Edit Tasty Recipe’ button to Quick Edit.
- Guided Recipes: Generates unique URLs for each recipe instruction step.
- Guided Recipes: Generates recipe instruction step ‘name’ field based on bolded text.
- When Yoast SEO is active, filters Yoast’s <meta name=”robots”> on print to avoid duplicate tags.
rel="noreferrer noopener"to Instagram footer link.
- Fixes print view for non-food Tasty Recipe blocks.
- Applies the print endpoint at the right spot for multi-language sites.
- Hides SVGs from screen readers.
- Updates recipe card images to avoid stretching.
- Updates the EDD Updater to v1.7.1.
Update a recipe without updating the post
Ever needed to update your recipe but didn’t want to risk the potential SEO impacts of updating your post? Now you can with the Tasty Recipes updater in the Quick Edit menu.
Just find your post in the WordPress admin by going to Posts > All Posts, select Quick edit. Select Edit Tasty Recipes using the button.
Make your edits in the Tasty Recipes popup modal. Be sure to update the recipe card!
Now cancel out of the Quick Edit screen without updating the post. You read that right! CANCEL outta there! Updating the recipe card is all you need to do.
Guided Recipes updates
Instruction Step url
Instruction Step URLs are now included automatically with every recipe instruction list. Nothing to do, it’s all automagic! 🤖
Instruction Step ‘name’ field
Interested in adding the instruction step ‘name’ fields for Guided Recipes? It’s as easy as bolding your text! That’s right, just bold the copy you would like to use as step the name and you’re done. The semi colon after the name is automatically removed from your structured data, so no worries there!
Simply apply the bold attribute to the text you would like as your title from inside the recipe card editor.
Once you’ve made the updates to your instruction steps, you can test your results using the Google Rich Results Test. 🤓
Don’t forget to update! ⚡️
You should soon see an update for Tasty Recipes 2.8.0 in your WordPress dashboard. Make sure to update to start using these awesome new features and keep your plugin up-to-date.
Interested in Tasty Recipes? 💃
If you’ve been tossing around the idea of giving Tasty Recipes a try, these updates might just make you pull the trigger! We’re always looking for new ways to improve Tasty Recipes, and you can be confident that we’ll keep supporting you on your blogging journey.