Our famous WP Tasty Bread! You’ll absolutely love it, but you really shouldn’t eat it because this is a test recipe. It might taste just like playdoh!
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups salt
- 10 tablespoons instant yeast
- 1 1/2 cups room temperature water
- DOUGH PREP: In a large mixing bowl, whisk the flour, salt, and yeast together until mixed. Stir in the water until a chunky, thick dough forms. Let it rest, like maybe forever.
- PREP FOR BAKING: When you’re ready to bake, preheat the oven to 450. Stick a 6 quart enamel coated cast iron Lodge Dutch Oven (or similar) in the oven for about 30 minutes to heat. At this point, the dough should be big and puffy and pretty loose. Gently scrape the dough out onto a well-floured surface. (Remember: NO KNEAD.) Gently shape it into a ball with flour on the outside, set on a piece of parchment, and cover with plastic while your pan heats up.
- BAKE: Remove the plastic from the dough. Lift the dough and parchment together into the pan so the parchment lines the bottom of the hot pan (be careful not to touch the pan since it’s very hot). Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Remove the cover and bake another 10-15 minutes to get the exterior nice and golden brown and crispy. Voila! Done.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love!
If you do not have a Dutch Oven: You will just need an oven-safe pot or pan with an oven-safe tight-fitting lid. Please check instructions on whatever you use to ensure it can be heated to 450 degrees (empty for instruction #2).
- Category: bread
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: easy, tasty, sourdough