- New: Adds ingredient checkboxes.
- New: Adds improved print controls and card styles for print.
- Switches to body-color.color on all recipe cards for inline nutrition details.
- Bold card changes: hides the ‘Description' heading; moves Cook Time, Prep Time, Additional Time to ‘Other Details'
- Recalculates recipe ratings after wpDiscuz comment submission.
- Introduces a tasty_recipes_nutrifox_display_style filter to make it possible to change the Nutrifox display style when a custom card is used.
- Introduces a tasty_recipes_use_yoast_schema filter to allow Tasty Recipes schema to be used even when Yoast is active.
Don't forget to update!
You should soon see an update for Tasty Recipes v3.5.0 – New Print Options and Ingredient Checkboxes in your WordPress dashboard. Make sure to update to keep your plugin in tip-top shape.
Dive in to learn all about our new print options and ingredient checkboxes! ✅
With the flip of a switch in your Tasty Recipes settings, your readers can be checking off ingredients as they go! ✅
To enable ingredient checkboxes on your site, just go to Tasty Recipes Settings > Settings Tab. Simple as that!
Recipe Print Options
Are you ready to print?! We were just as skeptical as you in these mobile-first times, but after a heat map test on the food blog Pinch of Yum, we realized just how many readers are also printers! Spoiler alert: it's a lot of you. Long live print!
Now you can make those printed recipes look oh-so-nice with the new Tasty Recipes print options. Print what you need, hide what you don't! And decide just how big you want that text. ✨
Bold Card Template Updates
We made a few updates to the Bold card template, in an effort to tighten up the information at the top and push some of the less helpful info further down the card. This is especially great for readers on mobile devices following your recipe. Here is a list of the updates we made to the Bold card:
- Hides the "Description" heading
- Moves Cook Time, Prep Time, and Additional Time down the card with "Other Details"
Wanna see it in action? Check out this recipe post on Pinch of Yum.
Switches to use text body color on all recipe cards for inline nutrition details
If you're using the Tasty Recipes customizer (Tasty Recipes Settings > Design Tab) to update the colors in your recipe card, the inline nutritional details will now be the same color as the text body color you select.
Recalculates recipe ratings after wpDiscuz comment submission
Just a little comments housekeeping to make sure those recipe ratings are updated after a wpDiscus comment is added.
Filter: Nutrifox display style for custom card templates
We added a filter for all you custom card template users that also want to use the new Tasty Recipes + Nutrifox inline nutrition styles. Reach out to our support team if this is something you need help with.
Filter: Tasty Recipes schema to be used even when Yoast is active
Need Yoast schema for some things, but not recipes? This might be the filter to help you with that! Reach out to our support team if this is something you need help with.
Interested in Tasty Recipes? ?
If you’ve been tossing around the idea of giving Tasty Recipes a try, these updates might just make you pull the trigger! We’re always looking for new ways to improve Tasty Recipes, and you can be confident that we’ll keep supporting you on your blogging journey.