Want to create a food blog that looks beautiful and attracts new visitors? It’s easy! Check out this list of the 10 best WordPress plugins for food bloggers.
So… you’re on the hunt for the best WordPress plugins for food bloggers? Then you’ve probably got a few ideas about what you need:
- Recipe card plugins?
- Affiliate plugins, maybe?
- …what else though? ?
No need to rack your brain! We’ve done the hard work for you by narrowing it down to ten plugins that are sure to boost anyone’s food website.
Without further ado, here’s our list of the best WordPress plugins for food bloggers.
To kick off this list, we’re starting with the most valuable plugin for food bloggers: Tasty Recipes.
You can get everything you need to create recipes for your blog using our WordPress recipe plugin. Here are just a few of the advanced features the Tasty Recipes premium plugin offers:
- You can create custom WordPress recipe card blocks that match your blog's branding and style. You can choose from a variety of pre-designed templates or create your own, and you have control over the fonts, color schemes, and other design elements.
- A variety of built-in SEO features help your recipes rank higher in search engine results pages. This means that when someone searches for a recipe online, they're more likely to find your blog and click through to see what you have to offer.
- The user-friendly interface of our WP recipe maker makes it easy to input and edit your recipes. You can quickly add ingredients and instructions, and they’re automatically formatted into a beautiful, easy-to-read recipe that’s also mobile-friendly.
Of course, if you’re using WordPress for food blog themes, our recipe card plugin works with ALL themes and page builders. Plus, our plugin includes helpful features like recipe conversion, social sharing, and more.
Tasty Recipes is a must-have for any food blogger looking to take their recipe game to the next level.
Tasty Roundups is a WordPress plugin that allows food bloggers to easily create and display delicious recipe roundups on their WordPress websites.
- Our WordPress list plugin is optimized for site speed, so you get all the powerful benefits without the feature bloat that would otherwise slow your site down.
- With JSON-LD structured data that provides an in-depth view of your content collections to search engines, your roundups are more likely to show up in search results.
- With Tasty Roundups you can style your roundup lists to suit your site in just a few clicks — no need to mess about with complicated code!
Set your content collections apart by competitively showing up on search engines — drawing in a whole new audience and converting them to loyal blog readers.
Want to see the difference for yourself?
Here’s an example of what Tasty Roundups can look like on a live site: Pinch of Yum.
3. Tasty Links
Tasty Links is a WordPress affiliate plugin for food bloggers that simplifies the process of adding and managing affiliate links in your blog posts.
Monetizing your site’s content has never been easier with these features:
- Tasty Links automatically detects keywords or phrases and turns them into affiliate links, saving you time and effort.
- You can easily monetize your blog by earning commissions from affiliate programs, such as promoting kitchen tools, cookbooks, or specialty ingredients.
- Detailed analytics allow you to track the performance of your affiliate links and optimize your strategies for maximum revenue.
Affiliate linking is a valuable way to boost your blog's income. With Tasty Links, you can deliver a seamless and user-friendly experience to your readers at the same time.
4. Tasty Pins
Tasty Pins is the best WordPress Pinterest plugin for SEO, allowing you to optimize your images for SEO and Pinterest.
This optimization helps you attract more traffic to your blog!
Here are some of the key features Tasty Pins offers and how they help:
- Adding hidden Pinterest-specific descriptions and alt text to your images makes them more searchable and shareable on Pinterest.
- Disabling pinning of certain images gives your readers fewer, better options for saving images to Pinterest.
- Customizing the look and feel of your pins gives you more control over your Pinterest strategy.
Tasty Pins can enhance your food blog with its powerful features, including optimized Pinterest images, hidden Pinterest-specific descriptions, and customizable alt text for images.
As a food blogger, it's important to have a reliable and effective way for your readers to get in touch with you.
Using Formidable Forms to create your contact forms can offer several benefits:
- Easy customization of contact forms to match your website's design
- Built-in spam protection to keep your inbox secure
- Integration with email marketing tools, streamlining email marketing efforts
Overall, using Formidable Forms to create your contact forms can help you improve communication with your readers and enhance your website's functionality.
You can also use Formidable Forms as a replacement for a WordPress restaurant menu plugin and for payment forms and WooCommerce forms.
Check it out! It even has a free plugin to get started.
AIOSEO is a powerful all-in-one SEO plugin that can help food bloggers immensely.
You may have heard of Rank Math for search engine optimization, but with AIOSEO, you can:
- Improve search engine rankings through on-page optimization tools
- Increase traffic and engagement through improved search engine visibility
- Get better click-through rates and engagement with their social media features
If you want to make your site more SEO friendly, give AIOSEO a try. Their plugin can help drive more organic traffic to your site, increasing your readers and engagement.
In less than 10 minutes, you can get the proper foundations set up for your website without hiring an expert.
And you can try out the free version to test out how it works for you!
MemberPress is a powerful membership plugin for WordPress that allows you to create membership sites and online courses, sell digital products, and more.
Here are some of the ways in which MemberPress could be useful for food bloggers:
- Provide exclusive content like educational videos and cooking classes to your readers
- Offer free and paid content, with premium content only available to paying members
- Add a members-only forum where subscribers can share recipes and ideas
MemberPress is one of the best WordPress plugins for food blogs because it allows you to monetize your site in a variety of ways. By offering memberships on your recipe site, you can turn your passion into income.
Follow the link to learn more about How to Start a Recipe Membership Site.
8. WP Rocket
WP Rocket is a WordPress caching plugin that can be incredibly useful for food bloggers looking to optimize the performance of their website.
Here are three key functions that will benefit your food blog:
- Speeds up your website, improving user experience and SEO rankings
- Offers customizable caching settings to optimize your site
- Reduces server load and can save you money on hosting costs
By speeding up your pages, reducing server load, and improving the user experience, WP Rocket can help you attract and retain readers, and ultimately achieve your blogging goals!
Easy Digital Downloads is a useful WordPress plugin for food bloggers because it allows you to easily sell digital products on your website.
Here are some reasons why you’d consider it:
- Enables you to sell digital products related to food directly on your website
- Seamlessly integrates with other popular WordPress plugins
- Offers customizable functionality with a range of extensions to enhance your sales process
Easy Digital Downloads can be a valuable tool for food bloggers who want to monetize their websites and sell digital products related to food.
By using this plugin, you can seamlessly integrate e-commerce functionality into your blog layout and expand your revenue income.
BackupBuddy is a WordPress plugin that allows you to easily back up and restore your website, as well as migrate it to a new server or domain.
As a food blogger, there are several reasons why you might want to use BackupBuddy:
- Protects against data loss by allowing you to create regular backups of your website.
- Facilitates website migration to a new server or domain.
- Enables you to create a staging site for testing changes before making them live.
If you want to ensure the security and integrity of your recipe website, consider BackupBuddy.
By creating regular backups and having the ability to quickly restore your site in case of a disaster, you can focus on creating content and engaging with your audience, rather than worrying about technical issues.
You Got This!
While creating an appealing and functional food blog might seem like a daunting task, it's not impossible with the right tools.
With a plethora of WordPress themes and plugins you choose from, the possibilities are endless.
A word of advice: Be careful of using too many plugins on your blog, as it may slow down the speed of your site, compromise your site’s security, or cause crashes or bugs (especially the free ones).
Consider WP Tasty’s All Access Bundle, so you can get all 4 plugins — Tasty Recipes, Tasty Roundups, Tasty Links, and Tasty Pins — in one purchase (and save money!).
Not to mention, you get unlimited customer support to solve whatever issues you run into.
Of course, choosing a new plugin can be stressful. If you try any of the WP Tasty plugins and decide it’s not for you within 14 days, you’ll get your money back. We’re here to support you and your business!
Want to keep learning? For more food blogging tips and tricks, check out our blog! You’ll find resources like: