Want to know what users are saying about WP Recipe Maker? We’ve found 10 reasons to avoid them. Check out the list before choosing your website’s recipe plugin.
Are you in the process of choosing a WordPress recipe plugin for your food blog or recipe website? With a wide range of brands and options available, it's understandable to feel overwhelmed. That’s why we made this list – so you can make the most informed decision possible.
We’re here to help, and for that reason, we’ve scoured the internet to find out exactly what users are saying about the WP Recipe Maker WordPress plugin.
Let’s get into it.
1. Limited Customization Options
People using the WP Recipe Maker plugin have complained that it’s difficult to customize the recipe layout or make it match the look and feel of their website.
If you're looking for a WP Recipe Maker alternative, consider Tasty Recipes.
Of course, when you make a food blog, you want it to look perfect! The secret is customization.
That’s why Tasty Recipes has six beautiful recipe card template options to showcase your creations. Plus, our plugin picks up styles from your theme to make the recipe look “at home” on your website. You have complete customization control with our WordPress recipe templates.
Here are some of the customizations options offered:
|WP Recipe Maker||Tasty Recipes|
|Background color||Title color|
|Text color||Background color|
|Social media footer text||Icon color|
|Instructions text color|
|Heading text color|
|Button text color|
|Social media footer (can choose which SM platform)|
|Social media footer color|
|Social media footer text|
|Star rating stylization|
2. Poor User Interface
Some users find WP Recipe Maker’s user interface to be unintuitive and difficult to use. “Interface” refers to the options and tools you use within the plugin. It’s the way in which you interact with the technology in front of you.
The extra time it takes to learn how to use WP Recipe Maker can take away from the time you spend creating. You’re a blogger, not a coder or web developer.
With Tasty Recipes, you can put an end to the headache of complicated, frustrating plugins that are hard to use. Our plugin will streamline your blogging workflow so you can spend more time creating and publishing recipes your readers will love, making it a great WP Recipe Maker alternative.
3. Limited Recipe Features
WP Recipe Maker has fewer features compared to other recipe plugins, which can be frustrating for users looking for more advanced recipe options.
Check out the advanced features you get with Tasty Recipes:
- Unit Conversion: Switch between US customary and metric for your recipe ingredients with unit conversion buttons.
- Jump to Recipe and Print Recipe: Optional jump and print links at the top of the post.
- Recipe Scaling: Adjust serving sizes using the 1x, 2x, and 3x buttons.
- Embedded Video Tutorials: Step-by-step video integration that can be turned on/off by readers
- Affiliate Links: Showcased equipment and products through Tasty Links
- Hands-Free Feature: Cook Mode makes it easier for readers to follow along with your recipe while they're cooking.
- Nutrition Facts: Easily add recipe nutritional information with or without our Nutrifox integration.
- Copy to Clipboard Button: Readers can copy/paste the ingredients list in one click.
- Shoppable Recipes: Instacart button, to make your recipes shoppable and give you commissions
- Social Sharing: Added Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest handle, so users can tag you when they try your recipe or share it online!
- Build-in SEO: We use JSON-LD structured data to provide an in-depth view of your recipe to search engines, including a rich snippet.
4. Incompatibility With WP Themes
WP Recipe Maker may not work well with all WordPress themes, causing compatibility issues.
Any one of our six beautiful recipe card designs will effortlessly blend into your posts by inheriting styles and designs from your site's current theme. Tasty Recipes works with ANY theme or plugin for WordPress.
5. Limited Customer Support
Some users have reported slow or inadequate support from WP Recipe Maker's customer service team, making it difficult to troubleshoot issues or get help with customization.
If you’re looking for unmatched performance and customer support, all Tasty Recipes users receive personalized customer service from Day 1. There is no jumping through hoops to talk to a real person to get the support you need.
6. Inconsistent Recipe Formatting
Users have reported that WP Recipe Maker's recipe formatting can be inconsistent, leading to an incorrect or inconsistent display of ingredients and instructions.
Whether you’re working in Classic Editor or Block Editor, the Tasty Recipes interface makes it easy to publish recipes.
Your recipe card must offer an enjoyable experience for your end user — consistent formatting, clearly laid out recipes, an organized ingredient list and step-by-step instructions — that's all standard.
7. Difficulty Importing Recipes
Users have reported issues with importing recipes from other sources or plugins, which can be time-consuming and frustrating.
Moving from one WordPress recipe plugin to another can be a big pain, especially if you have multiple recipe collections. The last thing you want to do is convert your recipes manually or one by one.
With Tasty Recipes, we make it easy to convert your recipes from dozens of other recipe platforms.
Here’s a list of everything kept when you import your recipes to Tasty Recipes, whether it’s from WP Recipe Maker, Recipe Card Blocks, or any other recipe plugin:
- Recipe title
- Featured image
- Ingredients (in bulleted list form)
- Instructions (in numbered list form)
- Bold & italic text
- Links (including nofollow links)
- Prep time & cook time
- Yield & serving size
- Nutrition facts
- Recipe ratings (star ratings)
- Images and videos
Your recipes are imported with all these elements whether you’re using the free version or the premium version of another plugin. You have the option to convert recipes individually for testing, and then in bulk, once you are ready.
8. Slow Website Speed
Some users have reported that WP Recipe Maker can slow down their website, particularly when displaying multiple recipes on a page.
Tasty Recipes has everything you need and nothing you don't. Our plugin is optimized for site speed, providing you with the power of structured data and features your readers will love — but without the feature bloat that would otherwise slow you down.
9. Limited Nutrition Information
In a WPRM recipe, you may only be able to have basic nutrition information, which may not be sufficient for users who need more detailed information.
Tasty Recipes includes fields for complete nutritional data, from calories to saturated fat and everything in between.
You have two options:
- You can even integrate your recipe cards with Nutrifox, a tool that allows you to easily create and customize recipe nutrition labels.
- Or, of course, you can calculate the nutrition details with your favorite tool and fill out the fields in the recipe edit modal.
Whether you’re considering the WP Recipe Maker Premium WordPress plugin or WP Recipe Maker Pro, these premium plugins require a subscription,
which may not be cost-effective for all users, particularly those with smaller blogs or websites.
However, when comparing pricing, Tasty Recipes does offer more bang for your buck – and even allows you to use the plugin on multiple sites for less. When you join the WP Tasty Fam, you can say goodbye to monthly subscriptions and hello to having a well-performing food blog that you and your readers will love.
Best of Luck!
Making a decision on the right recipe plugin can be a crucial part of your food blog or recipe website's success. And when it comes to the success of your website, you don’t want to take any chances.
A well-presented recipe can not only make your audience come back for more but can also encourage them to share your content with others! Therefore, it's vital to make an informed decision that suits your needs and goals. We hope this list has helped you in this process.
If you’re still unsure about which recipe plugin to choose, visit our blog for more information!